Sunday, November 30, 2008

What happened to the fish of Zangarmarsh?



They've been electrified. Why, I'm gathering Unidentified Plant Parts. Can't you tell?

Not so strange, perhaps, since I count 14 full stacks of Grim-encrusted Scale.

The thing is, this time (as opposed to last time I was levelling someone 60-70) I knew that I should wait with the quests from Cenarion Expedition (or for that matter, most other BC factions) until I reached honored. And after I'd done Slave Pens and Underbog about 6-7 times total, I grinded plant parts for Identify Plant Parts.

First I did all the other quests I could find in Zangarmarsh, boosting my Darkspear Troll rep by quite a bit. In the process I got about 100 plant parts. I farmed the rest from the Mudfin Frenzies. I postponed the farming by quite a bit, since it frankly wasn't something of a hurry, and a lot of grinding is utterly boring. It was, however, fun to gather about 10-15 Mudfin (more than that, and I started loosing some because they abondoned me) and use an Elemental Mastery Thunderstorm on them. The word insta-gib just got a new definition for me.

I think I gathered a total of about 30 stacks of Grim-encrusted Scale, for a total of about 600. From the 80% droprate, that means I killed something around 750 of them. Will I do it again? No chance. I've resolved in the past to don't grind unless grinding itself is fun. This was moderately fun, but I'm glad I didn't have to do it again.

Why do I bother with Cenarion Expedition anyway? Well, I figure that I'd like a nice mount sometime in the future, and Cenarion War Hippogryph is one of the better looking ones for how hard it is to get. I don't care much for the achievement.

I'm currently 68 and technically ready for Northrend, but I'm not going there yet. I'll wait until at least 70. Meanwhile, I'm doing all the Cenarion Expedition quests I can in all of Outland. I'm done in Hellfire and Zangarmarsh, with Terokkar Forest and Blade's Edge Mountains waiting. I don't think I've seen Cenarion-guys in any other zone, but who knows.

I'm also running a lot of instances, which is why I'm so high level before I finished Zangarmarsh. I've also, for the first time since WotlK, done an instance with no death knights.

By the way, I don't see any reason to hide my shaman. Her name is Kirba, as seen on the screenshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment