Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What to write? Decisions, decisions

Since the last post, I haven't been writing much at all on my (now no longer) NaNoWriMo story. It's just as far from balance as writing all the time at the expense of everything else.

My original plan was to publish my NaNoWriMo story here in November, and go back to my "regular schedule". Now, I'm not sure what to do.

Who am I writing for?

A good question to start with.

Originally, I intended to write for myself, mostly. To have something to look back to. However, I'd also like other people to read what I write. I've got a lot of stuff on my mind I want to share. Recently, I've also wanted to write about non-WoW-related stuff. Okay, I have done that before, but at a very minor scale.

I don't have any clue how many read this blog. I know how many official followers I have, but I've got a heapload of blogs in my own reader, and I'm only officially following one of them.

WTB votes plz

I'm adding a poll to my blog for a while. Hopefully some people will vote on it. You can vote for multiple alternatives. If you feel I'm lacking any alternative, please post in a comment here. It closes at the end of November.

On an almost unrelated note...

There's also another reason why the writing is slow. I was recently recommended I should read a comic called Gunnerkrigg Court by a friend. It was completely awesome, and I'll be following all updates at it.

1 comment:

  1. I tend to find that the whole point of a personal blog is that you write about what you want to write about. You can separate various things into categories and whatnot, but the general concensus is that you should stick to what you know and what you can write about.

    For myself, I am considering three blogs - one is WoW-related and RP-based, which is the main bulk of things. I got another then for more real-life stuff and, when I develop through it, related to a game I'm working on. The third is going to be for a comic I've been working out, bashing it around in my spare time.

    On another note, I've actually enjoyed reading the NaNoWriMo story that you've been developing, it's got a very mystic feel to it, and has that sense of medieval fantasy with a twist, which really catches my attention. It was probably a nice change of pace for you as well, I would imagine, so I say keep at it, even if on the occasion you feel up to it, because you are an amazing writer.

    Earthmother watch over you. /salute
    -Gordrake.

    ReplyDelete