It now triggers a shared 20-sec cooldown on all on-use trinkets that grant haste, attack power, spell power and you name it.
That means herbalism is now a good pick for profession for all characters.
- Faster spellcasting = more dps and more hps
- Less time between auto-attacks = more dps and more procs (f. ex. Maelstrom Weapon
- More rage gained (warrior, bears)
- Faster energy regeneration (rogues, kitties)
- Faster rune regeneration (death knights)
- Faster focus regeneration (hunters)
- Shorter Crusader Strike cooldown for Retribution pallies (provided they have Sanctity of Battle)
Tanks are probably the role that benefit the least from haste. However, faster auto-attacks and more resources (rage and runes) are always handy, and translates into more threat. Unfortunately, it does nothing to improve Protection paladin resources (mana and holy power), but it still grants faster auto-attacks (and more Seal of Truth and Reckoning procs)
A simple pally macro for herbalism:
/cast Avenging Wrath